Two Weeks Post Op

 Two weeks today! I had my final surgery two weeks ago. 

I expected this recovery to be way worse than it has been. I had heard that liposuction was quite painful. I won't say that it wasn't uncomfortable but not as bad as I was expecting. It's weird to have discomfort doing simple things. Bending at my waist to shave my legs was uncomfortable, putting pressure on my stomach like that was not pleasant. 

I'm happy to see that I'm getting better. I can feel myself getting stronger. I'm able to be up for longer periods of time. My first walk around the block wore me out. I had to sit down and recover for an hour before I felt better. But that was one week post op and I hadn't done much but walk around the house so that was a little ambitious. 

I have a follow up MRI on Monday. It was supposed to be in April but a couple nights ago I was having a freak out moment. I called the next morning and got it moved to as soon as they could get me in. 

You know when it's late at night, you can't sleep and your mind just starts going to all the dark places? Well that's what was happening to me. I was having a headache and thinking about my liver MRI. I just started thinking about the cancer being in my liver and in my brain and having spread everywhere. I was freaking out. I was crying, thinking about not being able to see my kids grow up, how Courtney is so young, she wouldn't remember me, Ryan would forget about me and find a new wife to spend the next 50 years with. It just started spiraling downward. I was taking deep breaths, listening to music and then my book on audible to try and distract myself but I just could not calm down. I finally got up and took an Ambien so I could go to sleep. 

The next morning I moved my MRI and told Ryan about my freak out episode. I was still feeling a little bit anxious thinking about the cancer coming back and being everywhere. The past year is still too fresh to have to go through anything again. Ryan was my voice of reasoning to calm me down. 

Now we just wait for the test results next week. Which will be benign. 😜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

surgery recap (graphic pictures)

How are you?

Postponed