Postponed

 Remember how I was having surgery today? Remember how I was going to get my port taken out and these uncomfortable plastic expanders? Ya well not happening today. Whoever filled out my pre authorization form put the wrong facility. They wrote down American Fork hospital which is great cuz my insurance covers that hospital. But my surgeon isn’t at American fork today, he’s at a surgical center in Provo who my insurance does not cover! I should clarify- my insurance will cover it if you have a certain plan. So my plan goes to the Intermountain hospitals. But a different plan goes to the HCA hospitals and the surgical center. Why? I don’t understand why someone with my same insurance company can go to the surgical center but my plan doesn’t let me. The morning was spent with calls to insurance, surgical center and surgeon’s office. All with the final decision that I was not able to have surgery today. Oh my gosh thinking about it makes me want to stomp and scream and throw a tantrum!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

surgery recap (graphic pictures)

How are you?