Last surgery
I'm almost done. I have one last surgery on Tuesday. This is to get the expanders out and replace them with implants. They will also do some fat grafting to make the boobs look more natural. Silver lining in all of this: I get some new boobs and maybe some lipo in the stomach.
I'm told the implants will be more comfortable. I hope so because these expanders hurt. I feel like my right side has still been shrinking. It feels like it's going into my underarm. It's tender and a little painful. I was massaging it in the shower today trying to push it out from under my arm. Not sure if it did anything but it felt better.
When Ryan and I talk about where I was last year in this process, I get physically ill. I want to throw up thinking about going through chemo. It was the hardest thing I've ever physically and mentally had to go through.
A friend from high school called me over Thanksgiving and told me his brother's wife was just diagnosed with breast cancer. He asked if I'd be willing to talk with both of them. The diagnosis was pretty new and they were overwhelmed with all the info they had been given. It's a different type of breast cancer than mine was but I was able to talk to them last month. My heart goes out to the both of them.
I'm so grateful to be on this side of things. I'm grateful that I have my health. I'm grateful that this...situation (I don't know what to call it) is almost over.
Comments
Post a Comment