Sunburn and no energy
Alright, I did pretty well with the lack of skin issues with radiation. I've started with a pink sunburn this week. It's not too bad on my back but it's quite tender under my arm. I know it doesn't look like much in the picture but it hurts a lot more than it looks. And think about your arm moving constantly throughout the day and rubbing against the sunburn.
On my neck/shoulder/back, my bra strap rubs. It's not a huge problem but just a little discomfort. These pictures are from the beginning of the week so it's a little more red and tender now.
This week was kind of a roller coaster. Tuesday morning, I got up, went and worked out, got going with my day and was feeling really good. I called the hospital, labor and delivery, and said, "Hey I'm feeling pretty good. What if I come and break some nurses for lunch? I could do one break before radiation and one after radiation." So I got Courtney off to school and headed to the hospital. I sent one nurse on lunch, then ran downstairs to do my radiation. Then I went back to the floor to break another nurse for lunch. I was feeling pretty tired after that so I headed home and took a nap until the kids came home.
Thursday morning I went to high fitness at the rec center. I was pretty proud of myself because I did most of the burpees during the class. I haven't been able to do that for months! After surgery I wasn't able to put my weight on my arm/body so burpees were out of the question. But on Thursday I had no discomfort when I did the burpee and I even had the energy to do most of them. I was like, "Yes I'm getting there." Then Friday hit. I couldn't get up to go to the gym. I was exhausted. I got the kids off to school and then laid back down on the couch. I slept off and on until the last possible minute before I had to get Courtney ready for school, fed and off to the bus. I literally slept all morning long. I was so tired.
Saturdays are really busy right now with soccer games. Today we had three games at three different times and three different locations. We came home from the morning game for about 20 minutes "Hurry everyone grab something to eat," then headed to the next game. We came home from that game and again "Hurry everyone grab a snack," before we headed to the next game. We were home for about 20 minutes or less between each game. The games started at 10:30 this morning and we finished at 6:00. It was a long day of driving around Utah County.
Looking forward to a day of rest tomorrow. Oh and I only have three more days of radiation!!! YAY!
Comments
Post a Comment