My hair's coming back


 I know this is not the most flattering picture but I'm documenting my journey in all it's ugliness. :-) I look like an ugly man. I told Ryan the other night, "I want to throw up when I look at myself in the mirror. I just see my ugly hair." He said, "I see someone that's going to be with us for a long time." Aww, he's so sweet to me. 

So the hair on my head is growing back which means it's growing back everywhere else as well. The positive is that I’m getting my eyelashes back. Yay!! They are these little tiny things but at least they’re coming back in. My eyebrows have recovered beautifully as well. The bad part is I have to shave my legs again and it's a little annoying actually. 😉 I had laser hair removal before all this started and my hair had thinned out everywhere it was done or, like in my underarms, it was almost completely gone. Now my body has reset itself and my hair is growing back. Oh well. C’est la vie. 

I went to the radiation oncologist Wednesday and had a CT scan. They had me lay down on the rock hard table and put both hands above my head and hold onto a handle. I let my elbows rest out to the side. The doctor came in and put some "border" stickers on my chest. I don't know what they're really called but he put them around the right breast- top, bottom and both sides. Then they left the room and sent my in and out of the CT scanner. They got all the images they needed and then I left. 

I'll start radiation this coming Wednesday. It's monday through friday for five weeks. I'm expecting minimal side effects. Fingers crossed. 

I had a Herceptin infusion today. I didn't see the doctor so it was super quick. I just walk in, the nurse calls me back, accesses my port and tells her coworkers I'm ready. They mix up the drug and when it's ready, the nurse comes back and hangs it up. 

I think I wrote about my swollen finger a couple of weeks ago. My pointer finger on my right hand was stiff one morning a few weeks ago. I mentioned it to Ryan so I could keep track of the timeline on it. So it's been three weeks and it's minimally swollen today. This picture was taken at it's worse day. It kind of fluctuates on the severity of it. I've had a few days where it was very painful and stiff. Other days it doesn't hurt but it's still stiff and swollen. I don't know what makes it flare up. I don't know if it's something I'm eating, although I haven't changed my diet recently. I asked the nurse about it today and she didn't have an answer. I called the nurse a week ago, she said my doctor wasn't in but she'd talk to the NP and get back to me. That was on Thursday and I didn't hear back from her. Then on Monday or Tuesday this week, my doctor's nurse called me but, of course, I missed it. She left me a voicemail though. She said she had heard a triage call from me asking about my swollen finger. She said that I should go see my primary care doctor if there's a problem pr go to instacare. I don't have a PCP, so if it gets bad again, I don't know. It doesn't seem to be a side effect of any medications I've had. It's really random. I didn't jam it on anything, I don't think I got bit by anything, I don't know what happened. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

surgery recap (graphic pictures)

How are you?

Postponed