June 27th

 I look like a chia pet. My hair is growing in on my head like crazy. Not very evenly though. 

I’m hoping I showered with a drain for the last time tonight. The output has met the requirement for the past three days. It should come out tomorrow when we go to the plastic surgeon. Woot! Woot! 

We also meet with the radiation oncologist tomorrow. We get to find out how many days of radiation I’m doing. When we met with the oncologist NP on Friday he said, “According to NCCN (some cancer thing) if you have a double mastectomy and your lymph nodes are clean, you don’t have to do any radiation.” Ryan and I were kind of like, hmmm really? Cuz everyone we’ve talked to has said I need radiation. He kind of back pedaled. I mean I don’t blame the guy, he doesn’t know me or my story. As he said, he’s just a placeholder for the doctor. 🙄

I’m trying to get back to normal but I’m not there yet. I think I did too much on Friday. I woke up Saturday morning with a huge bruise all over my left breast. It didn’t look necessarily like a bruise though. It was red with purple dots. We immediately called the doctor and sent pictures. He said it looked like a bruise. He thought that maybe when she stuck the needle in to do the expansion she hit a blood vessel. It still looks pretty ugly. Curious to know what she’ll say when she sees it tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

surgery recap (graphic pictures)

How are you?

Postponed