Cancer free

 
My picture here is due to some news I received on Monday. The pathology from all my breast tissue is back. It came back super fast, which I'm grateful for. The left breast tissue was all benign. The right breast tissue- no residual tumor found. The right lymph nodes removed- negative. So I asked the nurse, "So as of right now, I'm cancer free?" She said, "Yes, as of right now you are cancer free." I may have sat and cried for a while after that. Ryan was home for the initial phone call but then he had to go to work, so I just sat at home, by myself, on the couch, crying tears of joy. I, of course, text all my family. I posted it on social media. 

I am CANCER FREE right now. How amazing is that? All the dumb chemo is done. I kind of don't want to do anything else the rest of the year. I don't want to have to get Herceptin for the next seven months. Although it's not chemo and the side effects from that first dose were minimal, I still had some issues with my throat and mouth and I'm done with that. I just want to keep going on my merry way. 

Ryan and I ordered Mexican food earlier this week!!!! And guess what it was delicious and I had no problems from it. And guess what else? I've eaten salad again. Oh my gosh I'm so happy. I can eat pretty much whatever. I totally have an appetite. It's the best thing ever. 

I have a good thing going, why would I mess it up with doing another dose of Herceptin? And radiation. My parents were asking me if I still have to do radiation if all the cancer is gone. I'm guessing, yes. I think that one lymph node that was biopsied back in December and came back positive signed me up for radiation even though it's gone now. That's the point of chemo right? It's job was to kill all the cancer cells (and almost kill me as well). And it did but because there was cancer there before, they want to make sure it stays gone so they're going to do a double whammy on the area. I'm hoping that I won't have AS much radiation. I'm hoping that the minimal amount is like 10 rounds (Monday-Friday, so two weeks). Radiation side effects are supposed to be minimal- fatigue, sunburn, skin issues. I meet with my oncologist on June 24th . I'll get set up with a radiation oncologist from that appointment and then meet with him to discuss the radiation aspect of things. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

surgery recap (graphic pictures)

How are you?

Postponed