Little girls asking about my hair
Last week we had a couple of Courtney's friends over. Two of the little girls haven't been over a ton during the past four months. They had been playing outside and I was working on the couch. I had taken my beanie off. The girls came back in the house and one of them came over and was staring at me wide eyed, "What happened to your hair?" I put my hands on my head and was like, "I know! I lost all my hair!......I had to take some medicine and it made all my hair fall out." Her sister says to me, "Why did you have to take that medication?" I said, "Well I have cancer. Have you heard of cancer before?" She nodded her head with wide eyes. Then her sister said, "Grandmas get cancer." Ha Ha Ha, yes they do. But apparently so do young people.
On Saturday, my friend and I drove out to Roosevelt for Logan's soccer game. I brought my purple wig out there. We got home and I got out of the car, with kids running all over the place, one of Courtney's other friends saw me and said, "Did you get your hair back?" Ha Ha Ha. Oh these neighborhood kids are learning all the things.
I think it will be a good lesson if they remember their friend's mom that was bald. That not everyone dies from cancer. There are survivors. Even though cancer is horrible and awful and no one should ever have to go through this, we live through it and come out stronger on the other side.....at least I THINK I'll be stronger when it's all over.
Comments
Post a Comment