Ryan shout out and family
This guy right here. My knight in shining armor. He has stayed by my side and loved me through all of this crap. He is supportive and doesn't complain about how lazy I've become. He's always doing the dishes and taking care of the kids. He gets them up for school every day so I can sleep in and rest. He has pushed me because he says he wants to have me on earth with him for the next 50 years. From things I've read on social media, not all husbands and boyfriends have been so supportive. I know that we've both been stressed and worried but instead of running away he's just kept up with the family and household in stride, not missing a beat. And never complaining either. Maybe he's cussing me out in his head but he has never said one negative thing to me. We've had soccer practices and piano and basketball and he's just been a chauffer while still working full time. I mean he's pretty awesome. I love him so much. I'm glad he still wants me around after this whole ordeal.
My family has all been amazing as well. My mom has come up with every round of treatment. She has been here to take care of the kids, help Ryan with me and keep up with the house. My sister in law organized a meal calendar for us for the past four months!!!!! Four months of meals. It has been beyond helpful. I've had sisters and sisters in law take my kids for the weekend, for sleep overs, off to do fun things like Coin Crazy and buy treats from Five Below. My sister in law just helped me put together Easter for my kids and when I say help me, she pretty much did it all for me cuz I couldn't do it. And she did a way better job than I would've done too. 😆My sisters and brother have all come to take care of me. My mother in law and father in law have also come over to take care of the kids or to babysit me so Ryan could go to work and I wouldn't be home alone. My aunt and uncle have driven down from Logan just to sit with me for the day while Ryan works. 😍 I know that there is so much more that they've done for us but it would take all day to name it. All of Ryan's and my siblings and parents have been there with us every step of the way. And I will be forever indebted to them. I love them so much and I've felt their love for me, Ryan and our kids.
Look at my cute nephew, shaving his head to support me.
And our friends and neighbors. If you don't live in our community then you don't know, but we have the BEST neighborhood ever. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing our neighborhood is. And I know it's probably super rare to find one so amazing. I mean when it's said it takes a village, it totally takes a village and my village is right here. They are amazing. I mean, my kids could walk around this neighborhood and probably pop into almost every single house and there's a friend there. There's someone that would take them in in a second. I know that I could call more than a handful of people if I was in a bind and they would be there without a second thought. They have also been so supportive with so many things, I can't even begin to name them.
My coworkers also have been so supportive. My manager has been beyond understanding. If you know Labor and Delivery nurses, they can be a little intimidating at times but they will fight for you like none other. And they will support you with all they have. I've been on labor and delivery for 11 years now and my coworkers have been so amazing through all of this.
We have been so blessed in so many ways. I hope that my kids always remember how blessed we were by so many people. I hope they remember how important it is to serve those around you and to be kind.

Comments
Post a Comment