Round 3 Day7

 It's been a good couple of days..... As long as I'm laying down in bed. 

My sweet aunt and uncle came down yesterday to babysit me. 😉I got up a couple of times and went downstairs. It wore me out pretty good. But as soon as I lay down I'm totally good again. It also helped that I stayed up on my meds yesterday as well. Ryan and I kept missing my afternoon Tylenol and nausea med. And then I couldn't take it because I wanted to be able to take my Tylenol PM at bedtime. But yesterday my aunt got me my afternoon meds and I think I did better. When going to bed I feel a little sick to my stomach but I just breathe and fall asleep and I do okay. 

So overall round three has not been as horrible as the first two. Knock on wood. I just have to lay in bed. I laid in bed all day today. But I went downstairs for dinner. And I stayed down there for a couple of hours. I felt totally good (sitting on the couch). It makes me so happy. Then I came up and took my nightly/daily bath. A yummy smelling bubble bath (Thank you Catherine).

I have my dang metal, fuzzy, numb tongue back today. Ugh it's so horrible. Nothing tastes like it should. I hope it's only here for today and maybe tomorrow and then I get back to normal. 

So I've had some plantar warts on my one foot forever. I can't remember not having them so let's say 20 years. I've tried different creams and wart pads. I went to a podiatrist and he gave me extra strength stuff. Nothing has gotten rid of these dang things. Well you know what gets rid of them? Chemotherapy. Yep they're shrinking up and I think they're dying. I only see them after I've soaked in the bathtub. There's one plus. 

I wouldn't recommend cancer/chemotherapy:

- to get rid of stubborn warts

- so you don't have to shave anymore (although I still have my eyebrows, eyelashes and some arm hair)

- to experience acne free skin (so dry. my poor cheeks felt like crocodile skin tonight when I put lotion     on. I can put straight up vaseline on my face and it doesn't keep it soft)

- as a weight loss program (I'd rather be fat and happy) 

- as a way to catch up on all the shows you'd like to binge watch on _____ (insert streaming service of      choice). Some days you're so sick you just lay there staring off not watching anything or doing           anything. 

- as a way of catching up with friends that you've lost contact with (just reach out. They'd love to hear   from you)

- for a leave of absence from work (I'd much rather be there)

- as a way to find out how much your kids and spouse actually like to be around you (it's not   uncommon to have everyone up in our room hanging out cuz that's where mom is)

I mean you get the point. There's a lot of crap that I never wanted to know about that goes right along with cancer. And literal crap. hahaha I won't disgust you with those side effects. 

But with all that we've experienced, there have been so many BLESSINGS. There are so many GOOD PEOPLE. We have been so blessed in so many different ways and I know that we will look back on this and see even more that we can't even see right now. 

Stay tuned. My bald debut is coming. 😀



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

surgery recap (graphic pictures)

How are you?

Postponed