I wish I could have frozen this week or slowed down time. I didn’t feel as recovered this time. I’m doing good but just not 100%
I'm going to have Ryan type for me because I can barely keep my eyes open. He can be my scribe for tonight.
On Sunday at the family Super Bowl party, my sister in law, Sarah, asked what I wanted to get done this week while I felt good. I told her I just wanted to get my nails done. It was a busy week and by Wednesday, it still wasn't done. She text and asked if I had gotten them done yet. No. 😔 She called some places to make an appointment. So she got us an appointment and I was able to do that one thing that I really wanted to do. I love how my nails turned out! Afterward, she gave me a necklace with this poem included with it. I thought it was pretty fitting since I had just talked about the rainbow after the storm in my last post.
I had my 3rd round of chemo today. I'm halfway done. I was grateful for staying busy all day yesterday so my anxiety didn't get to me. Actually the whole week was pretty good visiting with friends, getting me nails done, smoothie club, dancing at the rec center. It was such a good week. I hope I can be smarter this round and not be so sick this week.
I didn't want to go today. They gave me a full dose of Benadryl which knocked me out for my whole treatment. I'm still super sleepy tonight. I was able to eat some dinner and Ryan and I have just been able to sit around because my sister took the kids for the weekend. It's been so nice.
I have a neighbor who went through breast cancer about two years ago (diagnosis in spring 2020 I think). We've been chatting about what worked for her and how she got through. She introduced me to flavored water from Twisted Sugar. She told me that on her chemo days she would drink tons of fluids to flush everything out. On our way home from the clinic we stopped and got a 32 ounce. It was so good. Maybe I'll be visiting Twisted Sugar frequently to get some flavored water. I remember getting pretty dehydrated last time.
At the clinic today there were some little bags of cinnamon bears with this message attached, "Try these cinnamon bears to cut through the metallic taste that comes from infusions." Did I talk about that from last time? My tongue felt.....numb, felt like a shaggy carpet, and I guess kind of a metallic taste. It was so horrible. I couldn't taste anything. I was telling someone that dinner wasn't good and Ryan was like, "We can't trust your taste buds right now." It's so true. Maybe the cinnamon bears will help. I'm definitely willing to try.
My coworkers heart attacked my door last weekend.
My friends all got booby shirts and got me one too.
I shouldn't start individually thanking people, because I'm going to miss someone. But please know that all of your texts and check-ins are so appreciated, even if I'm not very good at getting back to you. Our family has been so blessed and I am so so grateful for it. Thank you.
(I typed this earlier this week) I thought I could eat normal food- nope not so much. I can eat small amounts of normal food but mostly toast is my friend. And Powerade. My cousin is a dietitian and I asked her for dietary recommendations, which was helpful. A neighbor of mine is also a dietitian and she worked in the hospital with cancer patients so she made me a whole list of foods to eat and what to avoid. She also has all flavors of protein powder and has made me a couple protein smoothies. They have been so good. I'm going to have to get the recipes from her and ask Ryan to make them for me.😊
Yay!!! So so excited you’re halfway done!!! You’re amazing and I love that shirt!! 😆
ReplyDeleteI love the that your co-workers are so supportive and that T-shirt is the best! You do have such great friends that love you! The poem is so powerful! I love it. It hit me hard! So happy you and Sarah could do something fun together. I admire and love both of you and think you're incredible women.
ReplyDelete