Thursday update

 I get texts asking how I’m doing. It’s honestly a roller coaster that changes by the minute and hour. 

I woke up this morning having to run to the bathroom first thing. Ryan got out of the shower to find me sitting on the bathroom floor. He asked me what was going on or what was hurting. I told him what medications I needed. He loaded me up and I got back in bed. Yep it was 7:30 and I needed to just lay down again. I ended up falling asleep until noon. I woke up feeling pretty good. When I feel good I try not to move for fear of upsetting my body and something starts hurting. 😆 one of my friends came over for a visit around 1:00 and I was able to visit for an hour without hurting. By the time the kids and Ryan got home around 3:30-4 I was down again. My body was hurting, my stomach was hurting, I was asking Ryan if maybe I could stop doing treatments. 

You guys I ask Ryan daily, at my low points, if I can just do one or two treatments instead of six. He keeps telling me that isn’t an option but I’m still going to ask my doctor next time I see him. 😉 

So 4:00 I head downhill with pain and tears and hopelessness. Haha I sound so dramatic but for real I get so low and I don’t want to deal. Anyway, I was able to recover around 6:30 or 7. I was able to go downstairs for the first time in two days. I ate some dinner and then faded fast. We were sitting at the table talking, me, Ryan, and my parents when my mom looked at me and said, “Lindsey you look like you’re fading. Are you okay? Do you need to get back to bed?” I thought I was okay but just a couple minutes later I had to put my head down. I was so lightheaded. And I didn’t feel good so back up to bed I go. More meds, more laying down. 

I have a new symptom today. My throat feels like there are needles in it. I picture my throat just raw with open sores. Don’t know if that’s actually the case but that’s just how it feels. It’s tolerable. 

One hour I’m totally good. I feel good. I have no pain anywhere. Then the next I get body aches and stomach cramps and nausea and just a full feeling in my stomach. It’s weird, it’s not nausea per say but my stomach feels full, almost like a heartburn. It’s hard to describe. It’s just uncomfortable and a little annoying. 

I guess that’s all the fun for today. I think I can take a sleeping pill and go to sleep now. Rest heals the body right? Can I sleep the next five months. 

Oh that reminds me. I’ve had people ask how often I get chemo. Some people get chemo treatment weekly, others maybe twice a week, it really depends on the type of cancer and treatment and medications, etc. I have treatments every three weeks. Every 21 days. When I initially heard that I thought, is it every three weeks because that’s how long it takes my body to recover? Yep. You get treatment every three weeks in order for your body to recover and heal before they knock you down again. The chemo nurse told me last Friday that we’ll check my blood counts before each treatment to make sure my body can handle another treatment. She said, “we don’t want to kick you when you’re down.” Oh thank you for that. I’m so glad that I’ll start to feel better just in time to start another round of hell. Awesome. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

surgery recap (graphic pictures)

How are you?

Postponed