God is good

I was sitting on the toilet this afternoon having my usual stomach cramps. I sat there breathing through them and thought/prayed, “Heavenly Father why do I have to do this? Why is this something I have to go through? Cuz I really don’t want to do this. I’m not cut out for this. My body is weak and I hate being sick and feeling this way.” 

Fast forward three hours. I get a phone call from a member of the stake presidency, Pres. K (a religious leader who presides over an area of our local community). He calls and says, “How are you doing over there?” He said that my name came up in their presidency meeting Wednesday night. The stake president, Pres P, felt impressed by the Holy Ghost to see if I could say a prayer in a meeting coming up in February. Pres K asked Pres P if he knew what was going on in our household. Pres P wasn’t aware but just that my name had been brought to his attention and he thought it was to ask me to say a prayer. After talking for a minute Pres K said I didn’t need to worry about saying a prayer. He felt that he just needed to let me know that our Heavenly Father is aware of me and my family and that He loves me. I definitely felt the love of our heavenly parents in that moment. I know that God is aware of me. He knows that I’m struggling and He wants me to know that He loves me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

surgery recap (graphic pictures)

How are you?

Postponed