Day 6
Yay for day 6! I woke up feeling like a new person. I haven’t had to take any meds this morning and had a smoothie for breakfast. Granted it’s 11:30 and I’m still in bed but I haven’t been….
You know it’s amazing how quickly things change around here. I’m sitting here, feeling great, a little bit of back pain and soreness, feeling a little tired but overall great. Next thing I know my stomach cramps up for an hour. Hahaha just kidding it was like two minutes. But it’s two minutes of pulling everything away from my stomach and breathing, praying it’s going to pass quickly.
It has obviously passed now cuz I’m typing again. Just took a medication. Hopefully it will help. I wish I knew what triggered the stomach cramps. Is it eating or is it something specific that I eat? Is it going to come regardless of what I do? 🤷🏻♀️
It’s kind of like being a labor and delivery nurse. Every patient, delivery, pregnancy is different. Patients ask all the time- how long is this going to take? How long will I have the shakes? How long will I be numb from my epidural? How long until…? And it goes on and on. And I can give them textbook answers and answers based on my experience but really we don’t know the answer. We joke about having a crystal ball 🔮
It’s kind of like this with chemo I guess- every patient reacts differently. I don’t know exactly what is going to work for me until I try these different cocktails of medications and with time. I hope we get a routine though. I hope each round isn’t a guessing game but it might be. 😣
But I am on day 6 and “they” say days 2-3 or 3-7 or 4-10 are the worst. 😏 so pretty much from day one to ten I’ll feel lovely???? So give me four more days and maybe I won’t be bedridden…..
Comments
Post a Comment