Day 2

 I had to come back to the office this morning for an Udenyca shot. It’s a medication that stimulates the growth of neutrophils, a type of white blood cell that gets depleted during chemotherapy. Obviously the chemotherapy targets fast growing cells like cancer cells but it also targets the good fast growing cells in your body: your white blood cells, red blood cells, that’s why you lose your hair and get stomach problems and mouth sores. All fast growing cell areas. 

I need those white blood cells to fight off any infections I may get exposed to. So this medication stimulates my bone marrow to break down and start producing more white blood cells. That in return causes bone pain. I’ve been told that people complain about this bone pain the most. I’m supposed to take Claritin to help with all the histamine my body is about to throw out. And some aleve should help. I’m nervous for this bone pain, what am I saying I’m nervous for every side effect that I’ve been told about, but this one aches in your bones. My doctor said deep in the bones like you have the flu. 🙄 oh joy. Can’t wait. 

I didn’t sleep great and my stomach is still a little uneasy from last night so I decided to get ahead of the game and just get a liter of fluids. Praying for an okay day. 😁

UDENYCA® stimulates the growth of neutrophils, a type of white blood cell that can be depleted during chemotherapy treatment. White blood cells are vitally important in the body’s fight against infection.2,3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

surgery recap (graphic pictures)

How are you?

Postponed