Chemo #1 Done ✅
Remember how I said people are good? They are. They are so good and kind. Some of my sweet, wonderful friends had this sign placed in my yard last night. I walked outside to grab an Amazon package and was like- “Ryan did you see the yard?” We all ran out to go see it. 😭❤️❤️
I was emotional this morning. Cried putting my makeup on, cried driving there, cried when the nurse started taking my blood pressure. I think she was kind of taken back when she looked at me- a look of, oh crap she’s crying. Is she okay? Type of thing. But she was very sweet. And I held it together the rest of the day.
I didn’t want to go but Ryan told me the alternative (death) isn’t a choice. So I headed to chemo this morning at 9:30. They drew my blood beforehand. They did some teaching about all the side effects then gave me some Benadryl, a steroid, and nausea medicine. I pretty much slept all day.
My sweet sister in law gave everyone shirts and they all wore them today and sent me sweet messages. Logan and Ryan walked in the bathroom wearing them as I was putting my make up on. They are sooo cute. I love them. I need a picture of my family wearing them but we didn’t get one before school today. Here’s the picture my dad sent me for an example:
The day took about 6 1/2 hours. Next time should be a little shorter, maybe only about 4 hours.
So I started this post on the way home: was feeling good just a little weak and foggy in the head. Had a sweet friend stop by then ate dinner. Now that I’ve eaten, my stomach is mad at me.
It shouldn’t be hitting me this fast- I don’t think. But it feels like I have food poisoning. I don’t think I have food poisoning but that’s how I can describe what it feels like. My stomach is cramping up so bad. Then releases. I don’t know if I’m going to throw up or have diarrhea. I was feeling so good coming home. And now my stomach hates me.
I’m not cut out to have chemo. I’m such a wimp when it comes to pain. And I’m such a lightweight. I did fine all day really. I was just super tired, in and out of sleep pretty much the whole time. And I’m still good overall it’s just this wave of stomach cramps that is annoying and painful.
But 1 down and 5 to go. The journey has begun. 🤪
My pictures aren’t showing up. I’ll try from the computer tomorrow.
ReplyDelete